In this day and time, a lot of our correspondence is handled through email. Personally, I send and receive hundreds every week. In this deluge of communication I'm amazed at how few are taking advantage of this simple tool—the signature line.
If you’re not certain what that is, it’s the line or lines including or directly below your signature that is automatically generated within your email program.
This one simple addition to my life has made it much easier for people to
- Find my blog.
- Buy my book.
- Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
Here are the basics you should include:
- Your name and/or the name you write under.
- A link to your website.
- Your blog address.
- Your twitter account name.
- Your Facebook Fan Page link.
- A link to your latest book (if you write books).
- Keep your signature line to a maximum of 7 or 8 lines. Anything more and people lose interest.
- Try NOT to add graphics, these take longer to load and the person who receives the email has to click on a permission tab to see them and most of us don’t bother.
Take a look at your emails and don't miss this valuable tool to connect and network with those around you.
Edie Melson is a freelance writer and editor with years of experience in the publishing industry. She’s a prolific writer, and has a popular writing blog,The Write Conversation. She’s the co-director of the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference, as well as a popular faculty member at numerous others. She currently has two books available, the best selling eBook, Social Media Marketing for Writers, and her latest project, a devotional for those with family members in the military, Fighting Fear: Winning the War at Home When Your Soldier Leaves for Battle.Married 30 years to her high school sweetheart, Kirk, they have raised three sons.
To make reservations for the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writer's Conference, call 1.800.588.7222.
To register online click here.